I have had my 990 for a few days and have been able to share the theater room with a couple of neighbors, themselves outlaws in good standing on this forum. They brought along some cd's to sample on the 990 along with about a half dozen sacd's and a DVD or two. Using, Auto Set Up with the microphone we were up and running in a few minutes. We followed that up with a RShack sound level meter and made only minor adjustments. The only thing that I didnt like was not having the set up right on the LCD and having to use a Monitor. We auditioned the CD's, sacd's and played with all the different modes offered for listening. We all agreed that the 990 was a step up from the 950. We found it to be quite! silent, the sound was clean and clear. My Monitor Audio Golds never sounded better. I loved the 950 for theater but found it not to be as musical as I would have liked. But hey, it was a bargain for the price. The 990, still a bargain gives me the music listening pleasure that I didn’t have with the 950 and that is a big plus. I like the upsampling mode for some of the music. The bypass mode for pure sound is always my first option. The sacd cd's sound was outstanding. I just finished a couple of DVD's and believe the 990 is another theater winner. Some of the added options like Pllx were no big deal for me, take it or leave it. The AM/FM turner has good quality sound but something I might never use. I cant give you any feedback on the video switching, because I use audio only. No video going through my 990. The front Sony HT projector gets it feed right from the Elite DV-37. I have Monitor Audio Golds, 7.1 in the theater. A Parasound 2205 amp, and another Parasound 1500 for the rears. A Sony C555ES for sacd, and all Outlaw connects behind the rack. My only issue is with the remote and might have to switch that out. This Preamp/Processor will be a keeper for me, and one I look forward to having for a while.