Quote:
posted 05-14-2005 10:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yankeedan, How do you like the Pronto TSU 3000?
I've had my Pronto for about a year and a half, and I don't know how I ever survived without it. As I sit here reprogramming the macros with my laptop, I remember how many phone calls I used to take from my wife (Pre Pronto). They all went something like, "I don't know what's wrong with your stupid stereo stuff, nothing's working and all I want to do is watch TV!"

It is an EXTREMELY flexible remote. This means two things: You can program it to control anything, look however you like, and carry out complicated instructions with a touch of a button. However, this also means that there is a steep learning curve and the unit is practically useless out of the box. But, if you are willing to put in the time, this is a great remote.

A great way to learn quickly on this remote is to highjack the ideas of others. Check out RemoteCentral.com for other user's configuration files, bitmaps, and layout ideas. I learned enough to get up and running quickly and subsequently went back to the site to revise and improve my configuration.

Happy to share any Pronto files if you end up with one of these puppies.