Well, it took a lot longer than I expected to get audio out of the headphones. I actually had to RTFM on that one - you have to hold down MUTE for 3 seconds (5 seconds if via remote) to switch from speaker outputs to headphones.

I have audio playing from my PC through the USB and out the headphones. There are some unexpected limitations, like it does not appear that you can do upsample mode on the headphones. In fact, the only way to change the processing on the headphones is through the menu system (which, by the way, only works through a monitor! Unlike the 950, you can't do it on the front panel anymore. This is probably due to the custom display, which only has one alphanumeric display line on it.)

It would definitely be nicer if you could choose between DH1, DH2, DH3 or STEREO from the front panel or remote.

Another limitation I've noticed is that you can't rename the audio-only inputs (CD, AUX, TAPE, etc.). You can rename the video inputs, however.

That stuff is fixable with firmware updates, though, so I'm not too worried. It's possible they're tight on RAM/ROM in the system though, maybe that's why some of these corners were cut.

Despite all of that, it does sound pretty good so far, based on my minimal testing.