The 1068 manual is extremely easy and user-friendly to read, and covers everything very well. The remote is no problem either, in fact it is one of the best remotes I've ever used, it controls all other Rotel equipment as well and can learn commands and macros for everything you have too.

The 1068 is not responsible for any harshness you might have heard, but I would definitely recommend pairing it with high-quality amplification. I've recently tried the M200 mono's with my 1068 and found the sound quality immediately improved over my Rotel 1075 amp - much more powerful, refined, and sweet sounding, especially in the highs, and a much lower noise floor. I will be replacing my 1075 amp with a Bryston.

Hey gonk, no hard feelings - I know that you ALWAYS end up answering in favor of Outlaw in any gear comparison questions, but I just had to speak up in this case! The 1068 sounds as good as the $3000 Rotel 1098 and represents one of the very best pre-pro deals in home audio today. It looks great in the rack and has some of the most user-friendly and convenient software that I've seen on any pre-pro or receiver. I've also found it to not have even a single problem or issue, something that I cannot say to be true for other receivers and pre-pros that we tried.