I guess I am in the minority again. I do think you can hear a difference with cable. I have built some nice cables and interconnects and some are better than others. I can hear a difference in all of them (I do not sell them they are for me and friends). I also have heard some cables and interconnects that sound a lot better than the ones I build in my system. Most of them were quite expensive. My wire matched up with the cables in the $100 to $200 range from most companies although thee are a few in the reasonable range that beat me too. There is a guy off ebay making a nice little interconnect, the phono plugs look good and the cables can often be had for $10 to $12 bucks if the auction is slow. I must admit he makes a better cable than me, I like em. I have dabbled with making silver wires but the purchased silver cables sound better to me than mine. I have not tried the Outlaws cable. I plan too. I saw in Steve Hoffmans Discussion group that his engineer is making silver cables that Steve claims beat his $2000 cables and the prices he is charging are low, real world stuff for members of that Discussion group (easy to join). The RCAs are right out of the 60s. I have replaced a lot of my own designs with pruchased cables that sounded very good. I never paid the big bucks, buying used or trading out work or something in return. Winning in Fantasy Football and Baseball in my local leagues is throw away money to me and a great chance to experiment with cable. Unlike some that love to bash AQ, I find some of there products to exceed anything I can build and as I said I like what I build.

Next, I have not noticed a significant difference in bi wiring. I have played with it and continue to use it. I am building a set of shotgun runs for bi wiring this week end In hopes that it helps. But if I was doing it over with nicer cable I would go for a full range cable and a nice jumper cable made from the same. Of course any jumper cable beats that brass bar they send you with the speakers. AND that probably is what a lot people hear when they convert to bi wire.

As to Canare, I have read that the top end is not very good with the 4s11 and that in a shotgun run utilize the 4s8 in the top. I am building my Cable in this format this weekend if the cable gets in in time. THe Canare is very cheap, $.69 a foot for the 4s11 and $.41 for the 4s8. Can't beat that at Home Depot with zip cord. I don't know how it will sound, Soundhound may know more about Canare from recording studios, but I will have 12 foot run of Shotgun bi wire for a around $40 bucks to play with (including spades and bananas). And for another $.50 a foot I can put on a nice outer poly slleve that makes it look like a botique cable. Everyone will think I have $1000 cables.