The 990 is a big enough upgrade for me I think considering I have no real pre/pro to begin with it is pretty much a no brainer. I have seen a lot about DVI and HDMI inputs on the 990 and wether it is good enough for the future. I for one will never run my video into an audio component no matter how good it maybe. That said I do understand the need for many to have an adaquate means of switching video and I for one believe the 990 is fine for handling the video portion of the task with the DVI inputs. However, I too feel it would have been nice to see an i link peeping out from between some of the input/outputs on the back panel. The ultimate end purpose for having a pre/pro is flexibility in audio video processing, switching and delivery. Without an i link the 990 becomes some what more rigid than flexible in that regard. However, I believe I can find it within myself to forgive them for this oversight and will probably be purchasing one in the near future.

Also, thanks to GONK for the compare and share chart. I hear quite a bit about you on this site. It is almost as if you have obtained some kind of jedi status with some of the more frequent users. Seeing as how your are member no. 64 I guess that pretty much makes you the old green guy huh?

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe