Gonk wrote: This comment piqued my interest, but I've been unable to find anything about a successor to the P-965. Have you got some more information about this?

Yes Gonk, I do have some inside information from a vary reliable source from within Sherwood, that the P-965 will soon be updated with auto eq from audyssey. However, they will not be upgrading to HDMI because they didn't leave enough room in the unit, and the cost factor would be staggering for them. I do believe that we will see Outlaw offering auto eq for the 990 eventually as well, as they have stated that they would. I would be willing to wait it out without a problem. I think, but I am not 100% sure that Audyssey is coming out with an improved version of there auto eq system. Maybe Outlaw knows this? There is still the HDMI concern for me though. I just don't know what to think about this issue. It is a timing factor, and a guessing game as to when everything will fall into place. Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.