John,

Saying that the 990 is '...dated before it even hits the warehouse' because it lacks 'auto EQ' and HDMI is what provoked my response.

1st, you asked me if I have ever reviewed auto EQ, I replied that I have. Now, you want to know what measurement equipment I use. I didn't detect in those questions a sincere wish to actually know the answers.

Though I appreciate the ad for Holman's latest money-maker and I'm glad for you that you like it so, I will repeat, in abridged form, once more for you.

1. I don't believe you can 'fix' a room by employing parametric EQ.

2. The Denon 3805 receiver's version of whomever's auto EQ is indeed a parametric EQ. Whether or not it uses IIR or Multi-tap FIR filters matters not. The parameters are Frequency Center, Bandwidth or 'Q' and Boost/Cut or Gain.

3. The $60 (approx street) microphone...well, I'll be kind here and just say that it's modest for it's intended task.

4. The manual clearly instructs the owner of the 3805 to place the mic at ear height at the primary LP. How that exercise will 'fix' every seat in the house is baffling to me. Actually, it isn't at all baffling, it simply won't.

5. For the money, the 3805 is a decent HT receiver, that's why I recommend it. It has bells and whistles in lieu of sonic accuracy. EQ of any sort doesn't 'fix' that.

I think your blurb about some other product should be as you first approached the subject. A link to the info for those who might be interested. The last post belongs in some appropriate forum, not here.

I've been coming here for years and have purchased, directly or indirectly, many Outlaw products. I've been waiting for this pre/pro for a long while, as have others. I'm excited to hear everything about it. I dislike hearing negative things from anyone who has never done more than read the specs and look at a picture about features that it doesn't have.

Just as I believe that analog component is as good as DVI, I believe that analog filtering is still better than the DSP approach...so far. My Opinion.

Outlaw has said that they haven't seen a diigital room correction product that meets their standards yet, so it wasn't included, but they have provisions for that sort of product to be added when it may become available. Hardly 'dated before it hits the warehouse'.

I also believe that, in the near term, they are right about not including the so-called HDMI for the so-called HD software of the future that may or may not be available for purchase by year's end.

If I didn't think Outlaw is right about those things, I wouldn't be interested in the 990, In which case, I wouldn't be here telling eveyone why I'm not interested.

I'm sorry if I seem combative. You'll just have to get over that. I think this subject is off topic for this thread. You should maybe start another thread about auto EQ.

Bosso