John,

Yes, I'm familiar with the 3805's 8 band digital parametric EQ in 'Auto' mode. I set another one up for a client 2 weeks ago, but chose the manual route, as I had my computer and measurement equipment with me and that's much more precise.

It's interesting to me how reviewers of this product say how 'precise' this auto EQ is, but show no before and after graphs of phase and FR curves.

Parametric EQ is a bandaid to fix the fact that the room isn't suited (placement/acoustic treatments/leaks/bad hardware, etc.) to a MC audio system. The majority of HTs out there are just a living room with hardware in it. Most of those enthusiasts have no clue how to employ an 8 band PEQ and Denon knows it.

Certainly, if you're one of the many who fit this category, the Denon receiver (a mid-fi, low powered MC receiver that uses bells and whistles to make up for it's sonic deficiencies, like Yammie, Onk, Sony, etc.) is for you.

I have no problem with that, I just dislike to see a new pre/pro slammed for not having a $50 digital EQ feature. Especially when Outlaw has explained why it doesn't, and those slighting it have not heard it.

In stating that they are familiar with the various versions of auto EQ out there, I'm sure that would include the version you speak of. I agree with Outlaw that there isn't a viable unit available yet. There may be one that is of good quality at a reasonable price one day, and it can be added to the 990 as an upgrade.

As I mentioned earlier, Lex has the best unit, but it alone costs the price of several 990s.

Bosso