bossobass wrote:

Quote:
Auto-EQ on a $1,100 pre/pro? Those who are looking for this feature simply don't know much about the concept. It's like thinking that Lex could have offered their auto EQ upgrade for $100 instead of $4K.

DVI/analog was the right decision. Auto EQ is crap, unless you can afford Lex or Meridian, which are better than crap. Analog audio path is still superior to 'future speak'.
Would you please be more specific as to why you call auto EQ "CRAP"?

I respectfully beg to differ with you, auto EQ is not crap by any means. Have you personally reviewed a unit with auto EQ? I have, and I can tell you that I was truly, very impressed. Auto EQ is perfect for surround encoded software, it makes every seat in the theater an excellent seat. It also dramatically improves the you are there effect, you will find yourself thinking that the bullet whizzing past your head just missed you, or the car comming around the corner is going to hit you. For two channel audio listening it has no use, but for surround encoded material it is well as my son said it's totally awesome. Also, there are units, not pre pro's,
but receivers many of them with this feature at and below the $1099. price point. Soon, very soon, there will be pre pro's as well.