I'm with Perfect....this is just a little to soon for my HT room but I actually think that it is a blessing in disguise. I figure they released the 990 now because the 1070 is a 950 killer and they needed a replacement first. I know that many of you are pure pre/pro guys but I'd still like to see what the 1070 has going before I invest. My HK3475 really pounds my Studio 60s at half volume, especially with the LFM backing them up. It's much louder than anyone would ever listen to it for any length of time and drives them clean @75W. I have to believe that the 1070 will do the same for movies @65W. I know that seperates are always the best but if you aren't running full towers does it still make sense to spend that extra $$? Of course we don't know the features on the 1070 yet and there may be something critical missing, but that is why I think it may be smart to hold off. Anyone got an opinion....come on...I know you do!

BTW, with the Outlaw decision to utilize USB I've planned my wiring closet oppsite of my HT room so I don't have to leave a noisy HTPC or server in the same room that I am sitting in. Don't forget, You can only run a USB cable ~15'. Of course you can bridge up to 5 hubs together for longer runs (that makes me cringe) or possibly use a usb ethernet adapter but I'm not sure how that would work on a preamp. Anyone know if it is USB2? I have to believe it is.