Quote:
Sounds like somebody's marketing department has been feeding you some bad information.
Soundhound,
I don't mind you having an opinion on any kind of circuit design topology, but your statement above assumes that I, or anyone, is unable to discern which preamps and amps sound more transparent and neutral and that when we find those components which best fit our sonic requirements, our opinions are somehow based on the marketing bullshit being thrown our way.

Not only does your statement seem outwardly pompous in nature, but is downright insulting to those of us who make our equipment decisions on what sounds best to us and not on some "marketing" bullshit being thrown to us by fellow forum members. smile

I respect your opinions on balanced and unbalanced circuits, but would appreciate them even more if you respected our opinions as well in return.

BTW, I agree that the Gemstone is a very nice amp... and the company is owned by my friend Steve who also recommended and sold to me my Balanced Output Krell HTS 7.1. laugh

Now... back to the 990. smile
merc\'s primary system