SH, thanks, I'll have to keep my eye out for any info on distortion and balanced drivers/receivers. I can imagine that if you use a transformerless design for a diff. driver, which I believe is typically two identical opamps each driving the + and - signals of the pair, that there would be sonme cancellation effects. I'm just not sure what yet...

I would guarantee that the design is unbalanced throughout and only balanced at the balanced driver (at the end of the chain). I wouldn't worry about that.

The DVI switching is a nice feature, as is the video upconversion. However, I keep my video chain totally seperate from my preamp (950) and drive a projector directly from the HTPC so those aren't a deal-maker for me at least.

However, I really like the idea of the stereo sub outputs as well as other audio features (maybe better, or at least different, bass management, room eq?). I'm more interested in how it sounds though. If the design (and implementation) sound great, I'm definitely in on this one.

Cary