"I, for one, prefer to know what is coming, rather than be surprised, even pleasantly...

If people would have known to expect this, then surely they would have waited instead of just purchasing something else. Now, all of the people who just bought something are surely not going to buy the 990 also... No worries, though."

While I certainly understand Outlaw's thinking about the secrecy regarding the 990, as Curegeorg said, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who grew impatient waiting for the PROMISE of a new pre/pro and went out and purchased something more updated than the 950. I was sure that Outlaw wouldn't release anything until the end of the year at the earliest (and probably much later than that, based on the 1070 and RR2150 problems!) and I was seduced by the deal I got on a Denon 3805! While I love the 3805 and have been enjoying it for the few weeks I've had it, I definitely would have held off on the purchase had I known the 990 was just about to be released, as I'm sure many others would have. Oh well, I guess that's the life we've all privately sworn to (or sold our souls to!) when we were first bitten by the HT bug!