Quote:
what do you guys do for a living?
I'm a mechanical engineer (licensed PE in Tennessee and LEED accredited professional) working for a consulting engineering firm that does HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, power, lighting, and fire alarm design. We work mainly for architects, although we do work directly for building owners at times. I specialize in HVAC design ( here\'s a sample from a few years ago ), although I also have some involvement in plumbing and fire protection design (since I have to sign & seal those trades). Like all of our PE's, I do double-duty as a project manager for some jobs, but starting back in June I have also become our production manager. Oh, and I oversee our IT systems in my free time. smile
Quote:
where ya from?
Born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee, although I spent four and a half years at Mississippi State University along the way. Grew up in midtown, less than a mile from Rhodes College (the school whose library is pictured in the link above), but live in east Memphis these days. Wife and I have a daughter who is almost three and keeps us and our two cats busy as much as possible.

BloggingITGuy - you mention online banking, billpay, ACH, and other stuff. My wife works for a local bank and has over the years worked in their online banking department and credit card department before settling into a project manager slot working with any projects that affect core bank services (which at the moment means lots of Patriot Act and Know Your Customer stuff).