I was one of the lucky ones who was able to order one of the liquidation price LFM-1 subwoofers. However, Fedex is doing its best to keep the suspense building.
I am actually having fun with them. Here's an excerpt of an email I sent their customer service desk:

Quote:
Comments: You attempted to deliver a package to my address, tracking #........ , door tag #DT ...... at 12 Noon on 4/20.
Your web site tracking data indicated that on 4/21 the package was "on Fedex Vehicle for delivery". I called your 1-800 number to confirm whether you would deliver on a Saturday. I was told that the next delivery attempt would be on Monday 4/23 at approximately the same time. I asked if I could go to pickup the package and was told that you are closed today. I informed your agent that nobody will be home at your next delivery attempt unless you try a different time (i.e. when people are home after work). I was told that, after 3 attempts, my package would go to "hold". You might as well not bother with the next 2 attempts.

Anyway, my question really is, could I change the delivery address to a UPS store near my house? I have never had any problems receiving shipments through them.
No response yet.