It is really that heavy! Don't know what the capacitance is on it, but they did post the manual for it on av123's web site a few days back. I like the sound of the amp. Perhaps even a little better than the Outlaws (I need to do more listening). It does seem a little warmer and the bass seems a little more pronounced.

I am having issues though when using all 7 channels. With the first 5 channels, it performs great. When I have any combination of 2 or more channels containing one channel from the first 5 and either channel 6 (bridged) or 6/7 (unbridged) I get electrical humming that is audible from my listening position. This does not happen with the Outlaw 755 amps I use. I am going to try to rewire my speakers as a last resort and see if this gets rid of the buzzing. I have wanted to rewire them anyhow as they were originally connected with only 16ga wire and I want to go to 12ga. If not, I will not be able to use the LPA-1 as a 7-channel amp, but only as a 5-channel amp.

The amp looks absolutely stellar as well. I will update when I get the LMC-1 and do some serious listening with it and the 990 each connected to Outlaw amps and the LPA-1 at one time. I need to finish my rewiring and have more acoustic panels coming to finish the room off.

I would say though, even if I can only use 5 channels of the amp, it is well worth the asking price. I was considering selling one of the Outlaw 755 amps I have if It worked out well. I will have to wait for the rewire to tell if if will or not.