I've been watching these two formats evolve for a couple years now. On the one hand, Blu-Ray offers more capacity, which is a plus - we can never have too much data capacity these days. On the other hand, the DVD Forum is backing HD-DVD. I hate format wars - as long as both formats are in play, the consumers are going to lose. Both formats are expected to launch in the US market at roughly the same time, both formats have support from several movie studios. If only one format launched, a significant number of HDTV owners would move to adopt it within the first year or so. With two formats competing with each other and the DVD format so well established (and offering so much better audio and video quality than was available when DVD launched in '97), both formats are going to have a hard time gaining as much market share. The only hope for consumers is a universal player, similar to what has come about for DVD-Audio and SACD, and I'm not optimistic that we'll see that until both formats have been on the market for a year or more.