Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
...if that doesn't work then i have 4-12's in my s-10 ext.cab
Excuse me Painttoad, but until you chimed in I thought this was the beginning of an AA meeting. Perhaps Audioholics Anonymous and not Alcoholics Anonymous. eek

Allan here; I live in Washington, DC. And... I am an Audioholic.

I have used every excuse to indulge this habit. I often tell people, "My work frequently involves audio solutions for my clients, so I can get the stuff they don't need anymore for free or real cheap"... My wife and two boys (7 and 3 1/2) need to be entertained, so I thought, :"let's buy a whole lot of electronic gear dedicated to our collective happiness." I'm ashamed.

Anyway... Gonk, I thought you had to be at least 75 years old to have the time author over 3000 posts, and I wish you luck with the new baby. I will bet anyone that Gonk posts will decline in the post birth era. And do you ever design GeoExchange systems as an alternative to boiler/chiller designs for your multi-zone projects? I use them, they work, and they are super efficient. In your climate hybrid solutions make a lot of sense.

And BB4TB... I designed that monstrosity in Western Laurel, MD called Bethany Community Church on Riding Stable Road (North of Rt.198). Sorry, but the church has never thought it necessary to fully complete the building, and this has caused me many sleepless nights where I end up in the Saloon to drown my sorrows. I would be interested if you know about the building.

And Hullguy... you lucky son of a female dog. I played hockey in the old Boston Garden, and can tell you that the HVAC in the Visitors locker room consisted of 8" Ø steam pipes with holes in the asbestos jackets. It was probably 130 degrees in there on a cold day. Did you work there too?

And finaly... the Spatula... my father went to Brooklyn Polytechnic in the 60's, got his Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, and then introduced me to Rock n' Roll by taking me to see The Who at Madison Square Garden. Too bad he also liked ABBA because he was a Swedish homer. I love you dad, but ABBA, arrrgg.

Just having fun, and I hope you are too.

Allan