Some of you followed the thread where I gave notice on this board that I was selling a 750
through an eBay listing. An outlaw saw the
notice and ended up making the purchase.

Since then he and I have gone through UPS hell. I shipped him the 750 unopened in the
factory shipping container. I sent it via
Mailboxes Etc. acting as an agent for UPS.

I insured it and sent it via air $125.00

UPS apparently mishandled (read dropped) the
box and more or less scattered the guts of the 750. Now, if you have ever seen how
the OUTLAWS pack these babies you'd know that
they are intended to take a lot of abuse. In fact, the outside of the box showed little or no damage.

The recipient opened the box and immediately noticed that the 750 had been seriously damaged, to the extent that the input jacks had been pulled loose of the rear panel. This was just the immediately apparent damage. Wisely, he chose not to plug it in and risk damage due to shorts, etc. He immediately filed a claim with UPS. They picked it up and immediately denied the claim based on the following:

1. The exterior carton was not badly damaged
2. The carton was not "approved" by UPS as
sufficient packaging.

They are judge and jury on their claims. No recourse is available. I maintain that it is
their business plan to reject any and all claims. Insurance is simply incremental revenue if you reject all claims.

Since UPS ships for the OUTLAW's all the time in the same packaging, it is absurd
to say that the packaging somehow is not
approved. Further, the fact that the packaging withstood their abuse is hardly
evidence that the contents could not be
damaged by dropping the box.

After a series of claims, rejections, and
appeals, Mailboxes Etc. sent the unit to
the OUTLAW's without my knowledge or consent.
Mailboxes ETC. has separate insurance from
UPS. They refuse to consider replacing the
unit. So far I figure I am out at least $500
assuming I someday get the amp back in a more or less repaired condition.

Even though the amp is now at best a
repaired device with questionable future reliability, they take no responsibility.
Further, they did not treat me like a customer, and treated the process as clearly
adversarial.

The OUTLAWs stepped in today and started using their leverage with UPS. It is unclear
if that will have any impact, but it is the
first time in my 55 years that a manufacturer
has ever gone this extra mile to this extent
for me. I am hugely impressed!!!!

Here is the advice portion of the posting

Never send something via UPS unless you can
afford to lose most or all its value without
undue heartburn.

Understand that insurance is interpreted by
UPS and there is no appealing their findings. Insurance does not mean replacement
even if you insure for the full value of the item.

Deal direct with the shipper and don't use
third party shippers like Mailboxes Etc.
However well intentioned, they just cloud the
issues. It only leads to circular finger pointing with ultimately you holding the bag.
Further, they charge a big surcharge for handling the box and add no real value.

USE FEDEX! I have had stellar luck with them
in every way. You pay a small premium which is clearly worth it.

Double box everything you send. .. if it is even a little bit fragile. This won't help with collecting the insurance, but will serve to prevent your needing it.

I am telling everyone I know to avoid both UPS and Mailboxes etc. They have apparently dealt in complete bad faith with me. I have no reason to doubt that the same could happen to you.

I have dedicated the next 6 months to mounting an internet campaign of apocolyptic
dimensions. I will be telling everyone I
can touch about UPS and the way I have been
treated.

There is a major difference between an Outlaw and a criminal.

Eddyboy