My other guess is that it is a parametric phase alignment device. This ultra smooth system operates in the X,Y, and Z planes for a full range of motion. It is firmly mounted to the floor of the listening room. A small accessory such as a LazyBoy or sofa is attached to the top of the device. The device comes in 2 versions -- the 200A and the 200M. While holding the remote of the 200A near a point between, and slightly in front of, one's ears, the remote sends a signal to the motorized system which automatically adjusts the listening position such that the listener is placed in the exact "sweet spot" of the system (regardless of it being 2, 5, 6, or 7 channel). Additionally, for those listeners not having time aligned speakers, the system will also oscillate to and fro to compensate for timing differentials associated with the sound waves emmanating from the woofers versus the tweeters.

While the spousal acceptance factor (SAF) for the Model 200A is not anticipated to be high, the SAF for the Model 200M (Manual) is expected to be lower since it is spouse who will be working the H**l out of a series of little cranks to position his/her significant other into the perfect spot and then attempting to shake the whole thing under the auspices of time alignment.

I think maybe I'll need to install a seatbelt in with mine and maybe make it a two-seater.

Chris