Well, I hate to rain on Outlaw's little parade here, but I know what the Model 200 REALLY is.

Last weekend I was snooping around the Outlaw's facilities, and I came across this engineering design drawing. It looks like it was from an earlier brainstorming session, but I would bet that most of the features are still there. It appears to be a tube-based personal stereo system. In fact, it appears that the 2xx family will be all portable "devices". I think the Outlaws have made a wise decision here, as there really aren't any high quality, audiophile grade portable stereos out there. I guess I would have preferred they went with a 300B tube instead of the 12AX7's, but such is life. Looks like they have spared no expense on this one - 4ga solid platinum headphone cord, hiss rejection circuitry, even a special body suit and boots.

I guess they are even planning several accessories to go with the Model 200, including a portable reel-to-reel, portable laser disk player, and even a nuclear powered auxiliary power supply. Looks like they have their bases covered.

I scanned in the engineering drawing so you would have proof:
http://andreasen.8m.com/Outlaw200_bw.jpg

If you want a higher resolution copy, please email me.

Jason

------------------

[This message has been edited by JasonA (edited October 22, 2002).]