Aside from Dolby Digital, Dolby Surround EX (or a reasonable facsimile thereof), DTS, DTS ES, DTS 6.1 Discrete, DTS Neo 6.1 and Dolby Pro Logic, the only processing modes I'd like to see are (1) a mode that will create 7.1 channels from a 5.1 or 6.1 source, (2) a mode that will create 3 front channels from a stereo source, and (3) a model that will downcovert 5.1 to 4.0 (many of Sony's upcoming multichannel SACDs are actually sourced from 4 track quadraphonic masters). Perhaps (2) will be done automatically by setting the center channel to "off" and setting the front and rear speakers to "large".

Basically, I prefer to listen to music the way it was intended to be heard. So much of the DSP modes are of absolutely no interest to me.

One question though -- will the 950 include Dolby Pro Logic I and II, or just Pro Logic II? The reason I ask is that virtually all of the surround-encoded Dolby stereo soundtracks were prepared with the original Pro Logic sound field in mind (front-center-left, mono surround). Although from what I've read, Pro Logic II can produce a very convicing 5.1 sound mix, I would at least like to have the choice of hearing some of these older soundtracks the way there were intended to be heard. In the end, I suspect I'll probably prefer the sound with Pro Logic II, but I'd still like to have the option of using Pro Logic I.