I'll toss in my "no thanks" for the "extra" DSP modes. I never used them on my Yamaha, and I haven't used them on my 1050.

If they are included, it'd be good for the interface to keep them somewhat "out of the way" so you don't need to stumble past them to get to something else.

REVISED: I still don't want the extra DSP modes (I'm thinking of DPLII as a separate issue, that is very valuable), and I'd really like not having to skip through them to get from 2-channel to DPLII or the DD/DTS surround mode and back to 2-channel. At the same time, though, there may be a real danger to leaving them out entirely -- complete omission may be a weakness in some consumers' and reviewers' eyes. As some others have said here, a reviewer (or a consumer) very often may have a checklist of "standard" options that includes DSP modes. I'd hate to see Outlaw lose business because they aren't there. I'd also prefer to be able to completely forget they're there if I don't want to use them (perhaps a separate category/control for them?).

[This message has been edited by gonk (edited June 20, 2001).]