Keep in mind the little we definitely know about this folks. From the "New Products" section of the site ...

Quote:
First, we are in the final design stages of a unique accessory product that will become essential for many systems, Outlaw or not, as DVD-Audio becomes more popular. As soon as we approve the prototypes and make some final design tweaks we will have more details. However, we can say that if you buy a major brand DVD-Audio player this year (other than our own Outlaw brand model) you will HAVE to get one of these.

So it's got something to do with DVD-A players. It sounds like it will provide something that no other DVD-A player (besides the Outlaw unit) will have ... hmmm ...

A lot of folks are picking up on bass management, but would you put such a creature between the source DACs and the pre/pro? Doesn't sound right to me.

Interconnects? hmmm ... considering that to get the most out of DVD-A you need to use the six analog outputs from the player, this may make sense. Although Outlaw has already "announced" interconnects ... so I'm not certain this is quite right either. From what I can gather the reason DVD-A will require these six cables instead of the more common digital connections we have today has to do with the bandwidth being passed ... sooo ... let's see what guesses I can come up with ...

• Intelligent Channel Bandwidth (or Bitrate?) Monitor
  • Intelligent Cable Bundle Manager
  • InterConnect Bundle Manager

My gut feeling is something along the lines of the first one.

------------------
pat----

home: psklenar@email.com ... office: psklenar@uhc.com

no home page yet, so ...
Entertainment Center ---==*==--- DVD Collection