Here is an update. I hooked the PCA cables up from a Yamaha carousel CD to the inputs on a casette recorder. I wasn't really sure if this would close the circuit or not, but anyway, I let this run overnight with 5 of my reference high quality and most sonicly demanding CDs. About 8 hours of burn-in.

For the initial round of AB comparisons, I took the PCA cables off the carousel CD player and hooked them up to my panny91 stereo outs, and ran that to the second input on my Sony TAP9000. The first input was hooked up from the Panny91 5.1 outs with the Apature Silver BL4s cables. The preamp to amp connection was still the Apature BL4s.

Now I was in a position to sit in my chair with the remote, play a CD, and switch back and forth between inputs 1 and 2, the only difference being the CD to preamp interconnects, with the (broken-in) PCAs on 2, and the BL4s on 1 (the original and reference configuration). My test CD was Big Sugar 500 Pounds a Sterophile pick of the month 4-5 years ago I think.

Results at this point, I can't really tell the difference between the two. If I had to pinpoint something, I would say the silvers are perhaps a little sweeter on the vocal and in the midrange. Perhaps a little more air, seperation, and soundstage. I know these description will make some people giggle. Could I tell in a blind test? I doubt it.

I guess my next test will be the same but swapping the broken-in PCAs with a brand new not broken-in pair. That should conclude the break-in testing.

Keep in mind my initial reaction was with fresh cables swapped in as a total replacement for the BL4s, from player to preamp, and from preamp to amp.