i don't mean to offend you but i am curious about what you said. if you unhook the dangling cables from the cd player, will the outputs of the cd players create an infinite impedance still? the signals from the laser reader will go to the output jacks through some kind of conductor. so if the outputs of the cd player are not connected to, say a pre/pro, it is an infinite impedance.
if the circuit is not a closed one, there will be no current go through it. i see no harm there whether the dangling cables are there.
well last time i was in physics was 4 years ago. please correct me if i'm wrong
---------
another poor college student

Quote:
Originally posted by C_Sader:
Here's a quick electronics lesson. If the interconnects are attached to the CD player at one end and nothing at the other, then you have an open circuit and NO current flows, which means the electrons are not moving through the cable. One way to look at the situation is the open circuit (the ends of the cable that are dangling) appears to be an infinite amount of impedance, and electrons don't like infinite impedance, so they don't move. Anyway hook those cables up to an input on something and good luck.