Regarding break-in, I don't really want to run my main system for that long continuous -although perhaps that is the only practical way to do it based on the four pairs of cables.

Alternatively, could I just run cables off the back of an extra CD player without hooking them up to anything? Just to to be shooting the electrons through the wire - could this hurt anything since there would be no load? I am guessing it would be OK.

Perhaps I should just hook everything up to the main system and leave the main amp off. Would setting some volume on the pramp get the interconnects from preamp to amp burned in quicker? I'll still need to rotate the surrounds into the mix since they won't be getting signal based on a stereo signal for burn-in.

I have a Prodigy CD that is a good break in piece. Well with four pair of PCAs and since I can only hang one pair on the back of the CD player at a time, I better get started. I guess I'll run this as an experiment to see if I can tell a big difference or not, unless I do sell them right away.

By the way, my other cables are Apature Accusound Silver BL4s. You can read a little more about them here:

http://www.apature.com/accusound2.htm

These are a very reasonably priced silver cable from what I can gather. Not that well known a manufacturer, though.