I've seen a lot of discussion around on different message threads about various interconnects and speaker wire. I thought perhaps a dedicated thread for this topic might be in order.

I'm currently using a hodgepodge. My cd player and sattelite are using Phoenix Gold interconnects, while my DVD player is using Monster digital coax and S-video. I'm also using Monster for my LFE connection to my sub. Since I RARELY use my VCR now (gotta love DVD!), I just have some old Radio Shack gold connections hooked up to it.

I just set up my home theater a few weeks ago and haven't bothered swapping around cables and types as I'm pretty happy with what I have. I did do one test between the no name S-video cable I was using and the Monster S-video. I thought the Monster provided a slightly richer color, but made my wife take a blind taste test. She also picked out the Monster as slightly better, confirming to me it wasn't my imagination justifying the purchase.

I know a lot of people feel that Monster is kind of the Bose of the wire world, good marketing but the product (while not necessarily bad) isn't really all that. But it was available to me and in my price range.

Even though they are currently WAY out of my price range, I am quite interested in hearing about some first hand experience with TMC yellows and whites. I found a forum somewhere on the web and everyone raved about them. They all said at first they thought they had made a huge mistake, but after they let them burn in, the improvement was dramatic.

As for speaker wire, I wired my Boston System 9000 set with AudioQuest FLX16/2 speaker wire. While I have nothing else to compare it to, my Boston's sound great. My uncle helped me with some of the install labor and was impressed with the quality of the speaker wire. Said it was a lot better than what he was using.

Anyway, what are you guys using out there? What do you like or dislike? Has anyone noticed a dramatic improvement swapping for a different type or manufacturer?