I linked to the page and thought I'd read a bit, just for fun. Surely enough, I found some fun. The "What's All This Hoax Stuff, Anyhow?" link was refreshingly well written and pretty funny to boot. In my quick read, I found a few items which were obviously worded in a deceptive way and a few items that were just plain wrong. But it was a fun read. Creative writing is great, especially when written well. The premise is electronics April fools jokes. You always have to be careful, though, as a well told April fools joke often catches you off guard. Fiction can be fun.

I've thought about doing some scientific tests on interconnects with the good old O-scope and a generator, maybe even throwing in a huge amount of EMR to see how good the shielding works on various cables, but after viewing lots of info on 'qualified tests' by 'credable sources' I think I'll put that project way, way, way back on the burner. As Gonk hinted toward, for every opinion there is a counter point and for every fact, something else remains in dispute. If a Radio Shack cable is a good solution for someone, somebody else might want the hand extruded twice a year cable, which is only avalable through divine intervention on the first and third Tuesday of every month. I put credance in some cables being 'sub par' and others being a bit overpriced, so I'll remain in the safe territory, the middle. I'll pay a reasonable amount of money for a reasonable cable. And if I ever do discover my 'perfect cable,' I'll be content to believe that it is indeed perfect, regardless as to whether it really is or not. Perception, just like fiction, can also be fun.

S.