Oh, yeah, a "super tuner" would be a cool product. If it retained the IR1000 features and added traditional radio features, it would more clearly differentiate it from the Audiotron (make it more clear that it is a tuner rather than a digital music front-end). From what I was told, adding the ability to play files stored elsewhere on a LAN isn't something that can be added to the IR1000 as it is today, but I have wondered about making it be able to get to locally-generated streaming sources -- using one of the free MP3 streaming servers (or even getting creative with WindowsMedia Encoder to create a WMA stream) to create your own station. If nothing else, the IR1000 chassis would probably be a decent starting point for a pure "traditional" tuner if the Internet audio features had to be dropped entirely.

I agree with you, Pat, that it would be good to see the IR1000 make its way to market, and it isn't out of the running yet. It's just a shame that after all the work Outlaw and Arrio have put into the technology, CARP is throwing a wrench in the works. The poor ol' IR1000 gets left in obscurity at least a little longer (hopefully not forever) as a result.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review