So basically, If I were to go wireless with an IR1000 I would need the following
2 Wireless Access points (1 as a node connected to my router on my hardwired network and 1 behind the entertainment center containing the IR1000) Those two should act as a bridge right? then I just run the Cat-5 to the IR1000 and I'm all set.
Unfortunately that costs about $130/each for the WAP's and $300 for the IR1000. But as was noted, once the initial investment is made you're wireless broadband is set to serve all of your internet enabled toys. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that one. I still wish they would just make a wireless version of this so I could cut out the second WAP. Even if they did a version without the RJ-45 jack and instead put in a pcmcia slot that would be better. Those wireless pcmcia cards only run about $50 now.
I actually e-mailed Audiotron about this and they said they have no plans to go wireless. Someone will do it sooner or later, guess I either have to shell out for the extra WAP or wait and save a few bucks--I've never been good at waiting