The good news is that you can actually use an ICBM to provide bass management on your receiver! It's unusual, but, as you are apparently already aware, the amp inputs would allow you to run from pre-amp out for the five channels to the ICBM to the amp in for those five channels. Very handy...

It is possible that using a higher crossover would help clean up the sound from the surrounds, but I can't guarantee it (some others here may have a better feel for the potential improvements).

I saw the comment in the ICBM manual about not hooking up the sub output "at this time" (page 6 for those of you reading along at home), but I think it may have been intended to help with setup. The "at this time" part makes me think they wanted to eliminate the .1 channel while tweaking crossovers, and I expected to find a note at the end of the section reminding you to go back and connect it. I didn't see it, but I may not have read far enough. You would want to make that connection, and the ICBM will function with that connection made (from what I understand about the ICBM, it would combine the .1 LFE channel with the crossed-over material from the other channels). If nobody else here chimes in with some confirmation of that, a quick e-mail to Outlaw could get you an answer.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review