DOH!!

I forgot that during DD/DTS movies I can have the fronts set to 'Large' and I have the sub on!! Only in stereo mode will I not be able to do this so it makes sense that it worked out well at the end of the day for me.

So the only time that LFE knob should come into play is when I'm watching movies because stereo sources don't have an LFE track right? This may also explain why the system still played when I set the sub to on. It was during a movie!! Earlier, I was tweaking with a CD which is in stereo mode and doesn't allow a sub with the settings set to Large.

So it seems that I wasn't mindful of the source that I was using while trying to calibrate my system. The source would determine what operatinal choices I had and I didn't make the connection while I was setting up the unit and calibrating.

I will test this theory today and report back but I'm sure that is the problem or at least will answer some of my questions.

I'll be back.

**(I really need to know the answer to this question. Where do you have the volume setting on the sub amp? Do you have it maxed or do you have the level where you always had it. In my case I have it set at the 12:00 setting)

[This message has been edited by Martice (edited May 08, 2002).]