I posted before I received my ICBM and it seems I'm having problems setting it up. FIrst off my pre/pro only allows a sub when the fronts are set to small. I spoke to a few here and the input was helpful. What I don't understand is how to calibrate my system using this piece.

Here's what I mean. The manual says on page 15 Setting the subwoofer Level

"When you calibrate your system using the internal test tones in your receiver or preamp/processor, set the ICBM's subwoofer level control to 0dB (which I would assume is all the way to the left) and use the level control of the receiver or pre/pro or the subwoofer level control."

One problem, when I turn the ICBM level control down to 0db I can't here any test tones from my pre/pro. Why is that?

I can't calibrate the sub output because I set the front speakers to Large so that the signal will not be crossed over twice and only once by the ICBM which then means that my processor sends no signal to calibrate for the sub. If I set the fronts to small I can then calibrate the sub but it seems worthless because they later tell me to use the Large setting and subwoofer no. Why am I calibrating the sub if I'm going to turn it off anyway.

The manual says on page 8.

Reset the speaker configuration of your processor or receiver.

A few inexpensive receivers offer only two bass managagement modes: "all speakers small/subwoofer on" and "Large left/right, small center, surrounds/no subwoofer". If you have one of these, use the latter setting - the ICBM will let you use a subwoofer and Large front spekers together, an opion your receiver doesn't offer."

Another question is this. What volume setting should the sub be leveled? Should I keep it where I had it originally which was at the halfway point and calibrate as normal before I start using the ICBM? Should I have it maxed out and use the ICBM for levels?

Like I said earlier 'The ICBM and my Pre/Pro are kicking my $#%*(*#&

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Martice (edited May 07, 2002).]