QUOTE]Originally posted by Charlie:
RC,

The 770 is spec'd to draw AT MOST 1800 watts, yet is also spec'd to put out 2100 watts in some cases.
PS - ROMS can apply to any waveform - sine is easier to compute and most commonly used. To compute ROMS (1) square the waveform function (2) average over time (3) take the square root.

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited March 26, 2002).]
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is the true definition of RMS. This proves you knew exactly what I meant by peak. But I like being corrected in this manner.
I can't disagree with the figures we have here but I don't think they apply directly. This is what bugs me;
Pass Labs designs and manufacture ultra high end amps. I just don't see any reason for them to fudge on the specs, they doesn't advertise so there is no point. Since the amp is rated at 125W per channel all channels driven and yet dissipates only 600 watts something isn't right, just as you point out about the model 770. I think, and I'm speculating, that the 600 watts refers to the power the amp itself dissipates and not the total power which would be at least 1200 watts for the Pass amp.
In any case the Outlaw amp looks like a very good product. The heat sinks are big and judging from the weight the transformers are plenty big enough. It's not going to have the head room of an amp like the Pass Labs unit, but the Outlaw costs much less.
What got me to post is when someone on that other forum wrote that they weren't going to buy the 950/770 if Outlaw didn't come clean and release proprietary information. I hope that individual passes on the 950 so someone else can move up on the list.

BTW my dog is a perpetual motion machine and I don't expect I'll make a cent from him.