Charlie, is HTF hometheaterforum? I'll take on the Outlaw engineers! This is simple math -- you only need the equation V=IR or P=VI. You don't even need to know the efficiency of the amplifier or anything at all about the design of the amplifier.

I do know that many companies also follow this practice, but it's still not right.

I also know that power doesn't equate to sound quality -- my Creek 30watt per channel sounds better than my 100+ watt per channel Onkyo (in two channel mode), even though the Creek isn't supposed to drive 4 ohm speakers. I have no doubt that this amp sounds pretty good, especially for the price range. I just would like some realistic specs, because people who don't know anything are going to say "the outlaw amp is better because it's rate to produce 300 watts into 7 channels," when the amp can't do this (continuous power, driving 4 ohms, that is). We have to wait until someone actually tests it to see what the real specs are. Then, we have to wait until someone tests a competitor.

As long as this amp isn't like some of the receivers that are rated at 100wpc into 5 channels but that only test to 45wpc into 5 channels @ 8ohms.