Quote:
Originally posted by Surrounded:
Charlie I live in NH where the Outlaws are from and the majority of the homes are wired 15 amp 14 gage. You also stated CUSTOM homes ..... to target the masses you are stuck to 15a max at the outlet.

I doubt the common practice in their home state was a huge influence, and I also doubt a 90 pound, 7x200 watt home theater amp is really targeted to 'the masses' in any meaningful sense of the phrase.

I've never spent much time in the NE, but in the NW everything except old houses, trailer houses and a few lower end tract houses will have 12gx20a on the outlets. I've seen 14gx15a, but I've never done it or known anyone who would admit to it.

Not that it's bad or wrong - It's just not done much, at least not that I've been around. I suppose if a builder was REALLY tight it would be something, but copper is really cheap.

In any case, the 770 is almost certainly equipped with a 15a plug, so it shouldn't be designed to draw more than that for an extended period. Perhaps it's fused at 15a or maybe UL let it pass due to oversight or the reality (realistic duly cycle) of its' intended use.

I'm really most curious what it's musical power levels, short and longer term, are.

Have a good one,

Charlie