Well I guess I have a weird configuration. Up front I have the TV and Sat Box. I also have two Marantz MA-500 monoblocks running the front right and left. I use serious speaker cables on the fronts for stereo. In back I have my sources and my 1050 (soon to be 950) as well as four MA-500's. I have 40' interconnects going to the front R and L amps and a 40' speaker cable to the center. The arrangement of sources behind is due to WAF ( and it does look less crowded that way) and the use of the longer speaker wire to the front helps balance the fronts and centers. They are all the same manufacturer but the center is much more efficient than the L and R so I wanted a shorter speaker wire run for the front L and R. I am currently constructing in-wall patch bays to make swapping things in and out and moving them front to back easier. I am personally very happy with the flexibility of the monoblocks. I also use a couple of Monster Power units for surge protection, power management and delayed turn-on of the amps.