Steve: The model Im referring to is, I believe the 8008 or similar. I heard this amp on several occassion i a shop north of San Fran. Its the one with the odd shape heat sinks and is actually a 3 channel version(similar to a Carver at the time) and was to be added to there other 2 channel amp to give 5 channels. This amp tandom was reviewed in Home heater mag a number of years ago and got , as I recall, a 98 rating. Its quite a awesome amp and many cuts above there sibling Accrus. The Sunfire, WILL perform at that doubling of power spoke of and it is a 5 channel. Another super monster amp I heard with even more current is the Cinnovia/Im sure I have misspelled this but you might be familar. Im leaning myself to the big ATI brutes for the money. The OUtlaw 750/755, I suspect, are great amps due to there maker alone. But, still, Im certain, a cut below those bigger power ATI. If you compare similar models, you can see the difference. The 750/1.5ktransformer vs ATI 1505 /2k and 755 /2k(total, if that) vs. ATI 2505 at 3k. The big difference is on price but you can sometimes find these at One Call.com for MUCH less than retail! Good listening!