I'm in a similar position. My racks are 8" and there is only about 1/4" above the 755; a bit too close for my liking, especially as there are no side vents. I noticed it does get a wee bit warm. There's more than enough room on the front, back, sides, and bottom, but that top seems to be where it dumps most of its heat.

My "rack" is more like a TV stand, though, and it was only about a buck and a half at Circuit City. I don't think I'll be able to find extensions for it. I think this will have to do until I get an actual rack. I've been planning on doing that, though, mostly to get rid of all the plastic lawn furniture that the rest of my HT stuff currently sits on.

I had it sitting on the floor in front of the TV for about two weeks, before I was able to get it into the rack (don't laugh) and I noticed that it didn't even get warm there.

I'm curious why you have your amps in the middle with your componentry at the bottom. I would have placed the stuff with LCD displays and IR sensors closer to eye level.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net