I posted awhile back that I read that it's not a good idea to use computer surge protectors for audio devices because they tend to limit current and distort the sound-I have tested this theory with a few products and found it to be true.I own panamax 1500 and if you research I think you will also find that panamax is probably the best of the surge protectors-performance wise and protection wise-I read that someone accidently plugged their panamax surge protector into a 220v outlet and it protected their equipment(although the surge protector did die).I suspect that if you did that with a monster surge protector your equipment would fry.I think you'll find with research that panamax uses higher quality components inside.If I had alot more money I would buy the exactpower power producers for better system performance or my second choice would be the psaudio powerplants(although they use lots of power,run hot,and make a small amount of noise sometimes,which would not be good for my small room).