Batibot:
Quote:
I have a TV,DVD/CVR, no speakers but I want start from scratch. My Budget is around $3000 for the home theater alone.

Assuming you are not looking at a new TV or projector purchase with the 3 grand, I would recommend setting aside about 60% of your budget for speaker purchase ($1800). Why? Cause that's where the buck stops! Speakers will have the biggest influence on how your system sounds versus all else you will add. You might want to look for "home theater speaker packages" that many manufacturers offer- they will include a left/right/center and 2 surrounds- and sometimes a sub woofer. These systems are usually well balanced and can offer substantial savings over peacemeal purchases. Of your remaining $1200. I would look at spending up to 60% ( up to about $750) on a receiver. The Outlaw 1050 receiver would work well here. With your remaining $450-$700- consider a new DVD/CD player that you like and of course-- new wires and cables. If you still need a sub- use your current DVD player and look to spend $300-$500 on this item. I won't recommend any particular speaker brand-- only because what sounds good to me may not be your cup of tea. Something to consider--there are some nice speaker systems offered by internet only sales manufacturers- their advantage-- you can listen to them at home where it counts most! If most of your time spent with the system will be for HT- $3,000 should get you great sounding results. I don't believe you need to go overboard for HT-- at least not yet . Have fun and happy hunting!