bossobass
Quote:
Use a 'Y' jack from the 950's SW out to feed the 2 powered subs. The rare occasions when stereo subs might be useful doesn't outweigh the loss of the LFE signal.

In an e-mail regarding this same problem I was worried about, I was specifically told by Scott - quote "As long as your front speakers are set to "large" and your sub is set to
"none", the LFE info will be directed to your front speakers. The small
setting is to activate the cross-over frequency for that speaker. The
crossover would then redirect that bass info to a sub (or to "large" mains
when sub is set to "none").
I had the same worry.....would I lose all LFE effects by doing it the way Def Tech said to do it? With "stereo" subs? Not according to Scott, and I must say, it is working like a champ...but I am tempted to try the "y" from the sub output........just to see (or hear) what happens...right now though, it sounds so good, I am just gonna soak it up for a while....this combo....950/755/ Fosgate 4100 Amp/ Denon DVD3800 rocks!!!! I am still learning, and being amazed! I like the idea of switching the JBLs and the Citations, but it is not practical in my room.....
I feel like everything in my system is new again.....laserdiscs, video tapes, cassettes, records........it's just so cool!!!!
Outlaw and Denon .....pretty good match!