The Denon can do DVD-Audio, right? For that, I would set all of the speakers on the 3800 to "large", the sub to "on", and then flip the analog bass management on the 950's multichannel input to "on" (disabling any bass management on the 3800's analog outputs and allowing the 950's analog BM to work). For the digital audio output from the 3800, the settings in the 3800 don't matter (it's just passing the original data from disc to output). The surrounds probably should get a crossover of between 100 and 160Hz, and I'd probably tinker with it for a while to see what I liked. The center may be very close to full range, but it might still be good to give it a crossover of 60 or 80Hz (let the subs handle the tough stuff). Depending on how you have the subs in the mains connected, you want to either (1) disable the sub and set the mains to "large" if the subs use the same signal as the rest of the speaker (thereby passing all subwoofer LFE and all low frequency crossover information to the mains) or (2) leave the sub enabled and experiment with setting the mains to "large" and "small" with a crossover around 40 or 60Hz if the subs are connected to the 950's LFE output.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review