Quote:
Originally posted by bestbang4thebuck:
...if you choose "small" for your speakers and set the crossover point at it's lowest, it's like setting your main speakers on "medium" or "medium-large," don't you think?

When listening in Stereo Bypass Mode (main speakers set to small), the mains get the full range signal, and a sub (if you have one) will get what ever the digital crossover setting is for the sub. This could lead to double bass problems if your crossover is above the speakers LF limits.

I personaly like this mode, and use the ICBM to make it work in a similar way to the configuration that Soundhound uses for his Stereo Subs. ...Set the mains to "large", so the full range signal only goes to the mains, and use the crossover inthe ICBM, which allows for some stereo sub-woof'n. I have the crossover set at 40 Hz and it just happens to work with my paticular speakers and subs. If you have the LFE output connected to the ICBM and you have the speakers set to "small" you will get a double bass signal sent the the sub(s), so beware...

Many subs have a contiuously variable crossover setting that is more flexible and probably better for some speaker/sub combinations.

Good luck...

Allan