The 950 is now partially wired in. I have done all but attach the amps.

I thought I understood how "video switching" worked, and, because I thought it would be helpful, I bought the extra cabling I needed to bring a component connection for the dvd into the 950, whereas previously my component connection was dvd-to-tv directly. However, although I have a great picture for tv, vcr, and dvd, the switching isn't working like I believed it would.

I have an s-video connection into the 950 from vhs and cable. I have an s-video connection to the tv from the 950 "s-video out." I have a component connection into the 950 from dvd. I have a component connection to the tv from the 950 "monitor out" component video.

I anticipated the above set-up would allow me to ignore the input button on the tv and just change the source on the 950. However, I must still change BOTH the tv and the 950 to watch dvd. I don't have to change the tv to go from cable to vcr.

Have I missed something? If the 950 seems to be properly configured, I'll know to look for solutions on the tv end (I have spent some time with the tv, but not much).

As ever, TIA for any help.

Outlaw 950
Parasound HCA 1000Ax3
Klipsch KG 3.2s frt & rr
Klipsch KV 3 ctr
Klipsch KV 2 surr ctr
SVS PB2
Sony CDP-CX355 CD
MonsterPower HTS2500MkII
Mitsubishi DD 8020 DVD
Mitsubishi 46" 16:9 TV