I'm on my third 950 since 6-18-03. The first one went back within 2 weeks due to a fading LCD display. The second one lasted about three weeks before it died (static on all channels from all sources in all modes). In between I sent a defective remote back for no volume punch-through and no macro capability.

Here's my problem. I think the unit performs well, very well considering the price, when it performs. The raves about customer service on this site and others are underestimated in my opinion. I have been treated extremely well. But I'm starting to get to the point where all the great service in the world is not helping if I'm swapping out a new unit every month.

Has anyone else had this many problems? Have I got an audio 'black thumb'? I don't want to think about staring over after finding such a great value - and I wouldn't even know where to start. There simply isn't anything out there to compete. Rotel 1066 and the clones are above this price point and it goes up from there (e.g. AVM-20, etc..). I need some support here folks. Thanks.