I have a Focus Enhancements CS-1 deinterlacer/scaler that I'm quite happy with. It doesn't have all the inputs/outputs that you're specifying, but I think you might have trouble finding that level of I/O flexibility in a $1000 unit. (I'd love to have someone show me up and point out something that does, however!)

[Without doublechecking, I think it has two each of svideo and composite input, one progressive component in, one interlaced component in, and DVI-in that is not HDCP compliant. The CS-2 adds HDCP compliance.]

In my case, for non-critical viewing sources (i.e. videogames) I use the 950 as a switcher and run an svideo from the 950 to the CS-1. Ergo, I can have three videogame systems sharing one input on the CS-1. In the past I have also effectively used a cheap Sony passive switcher to connect multiple videogame consoles to one input of the system. I wouldn't do that for DVD viewing, but for the consoles it's just fine, IMHO.

You should check out the video processor section of the AVSForum. There is a ton of great information and opinions available there on the subject.

[This message has been edited by boblinds (edited August 29, 2003).]