Hey Spoon and fellow Outlawers....

Thanks again for all of the advice. I will certainly give the speaker placement a try. My room isn't very accoustic...so I know that is part of the problem. Here are the speakers I am using:

DefTech - BP6 (Mains), Procenter C2, BP1X (surrounds), and a ProSub 100 (actually need a bigger sub).

I only have a 5.1 system...but I hope that gives you all a better idea of things. I was using a Marantz SR-19 receiver (not the EX version). My equipment (prior to the Outlaw purchase) is about 5 years old, when I bought it...it could be dated more than that...even though they were still in the box when I spent the money.

Thanks again for all of your help! Please feel free to offer up any advice that you might have. I did look into that speaker wire. That is expensive stuff! I think they wanted $200 for 8 feet of it. I am using Outlaw Interconnects to go from the 950 to the 7100. I have Monster Cables running everything else. I am not sure what kind of speaker wire I have..I purchased it at a home theater store (off of a spool) the same time I got my speakers..so it is dated as well. I am using Digital Coax to connect the DVD to the 950 also. I have an toslink cable..but I haven't tried it yet.

Sorry I got so long winded. Thanks guys and gals!!